Responsibilities of Mission Volunteers include:
- Be prepared to share your personal testimony when going on a church sponsored mission trip.
- Obtain immunizations when required for participation in mission opportunities.
- Obtain passports and documents necessary for travel.
- Exhibit Christian conduct at all times.
- When on Mission trips, follow the leadership of the Team Leader.
Expectations of Mission Volunteers include:
- Participants in mission opportunities should have the recommendation of their pastor.
- The Missions Committee will only recommend participants in mission activities who exhibit Christian conduct and abstain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, or inappropriate use of prescription/nonprescription drugs.
- College students should give consideration for First Baptist Church of Athens mission trips and those with Baptist Campus Ministries (BCM). BCM offers mission opportunities for college students for one week or longer during the summer. The Cooperative Program in which our church participates helps to fund this ministry.
- Individuals requesting mission support should seek help through the Missions Committee before requesting funds from individual Church members. Such requests place an undue burden on the membership.
- Participants who will work with children must take the Child Protection Training and a Background Check.